Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 26

Day twenty - six, August 3, 2011

Rather than driving directly from Salt Lake to Denver we opted to break up the trip a little and stop in Aspen, Colorado.  We had nothing planned for Aspen but thought it would be a good place to stop, stretch, and grab a bite to eat.  This ended up being such a great decision because we both fell in love with Aspen. In fact, we both decided that this was the nicest city we have stopped in so far.  The cobblestone sidewalks were the perfect fit for all of the high end shops and boutiques.  The street lamps were even elegant and everywhere you looked their were brightly colored flowers.  Along with parks, fountains, and benches everywhere the food was also amazing.  We waited in line at the most popular bakery in Aspen "Paradise Bakery" - definitely was worth the wait.  I only wish we had more time to spend here, my credit cards were thankful though!

The rest of the drive to Denver, led us to name Colorado the most beautiful state we have driven through.  The narrow curvy roads up and down the snow capped mountains  provide us with incredible views and don't worry we do have lots of pictures!

We made our way to the hotel and were pleased with the looks of the hotel from the outside as well as the lobby.  Our feelings about the hotel did change when we walked into our room and were greeted by a family of flys!  We did our best to swat them but they seemed to either have nine lives or more kept finding their way into our room.  We went to bed knowing there were still some flying around but we just couldn't get them all.  

Between being totally grossed out by the flys and our air conditioner not being at 100%, I did not sleep well.  I was up for good around 3:00am trying to figure out who else would be awake!  Since I realized everyone was probably sleeping I caught up on Words with Friends and downloaded some more apps. After tossing and turning for a while I began to get very itchy.  So itchy that I googled what could be making me itch so much.  That's when I became paranoid, I convinced myself that there were bed bugs in my bed!! Now there was no way I would be able to sleep, I waited another hour or so and then texted my dad asking him for more info on bed bugs!  Upon further research and investigation I was able to determine that there were no bed bugs but I still couldn't fall back to sleep! Peace, love, and happiness, the Nomads.

No comments:

Post a Comment